New to the family - Just ordered a Duo

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Just ordered a Surface Duo. Should be here in a few days. Really hoping that it can be the productivity device that Microsoft touts it to be. Will be using it as a companion device to my current smartphone. Slack, Google Calendar, Evernote, Dropbox, Todoist Word, Excel, & Google Docs are my major use cases. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or app recommendations please let me know.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone use it as a companion device to their current smartphone. It will be interesting to see how that works out for you. Let us know!

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone use it as a companion device to their current smartphone. It will be interesting to see how that works out for you. Let us know!

Will do. It may eventually become my primary device. We'll see how it goes...

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I came from a Note 9 and while I did use the stylus I am using the Surface pen noticeably more often and have no need to go back to the 9. It may at this point just go to the g/f. I wish you luck and success with the Duo.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Just ordered a Surface Duo. Should be here in a few days. Really hoping that it can be the productivity device that Microsoft touts it to be. Will be using it as a companion device to my current smartphone. Slack, Google Calendar, Evernote, Dropbox, Todoist Word, Excel, & Google Docs are my major use cases. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or app recommendations please let me know.
, if you want a safe place to store a Surface Flatpen you can use a cover like this: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...s-case/msf198-surface-duo.html&token=GuuG24fH

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I came from a Note 9 and while I did use the stylus I am using the Surface pen noticeably more often and have no need to go back to the 9. It may at this point just go to the g/f. I wish you luck and success with the Duo.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. I wish the launcher was more customizable but other than that - no complaints.
Just purchased the surface slim pen to use with the Duo. Any recommendations for screen protectors?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a credit card with contact-less payments and now I have zero reason to use my phone. I admit it's not as secure as my phone since I don't have to log in to use it. But the convenience can't be beat. And even before my card I was using my watch. I just find my phone to be cumbersome for payments.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I got a credit card with contact-less payments and now I have zero reason to use my phone. I admit it's not as secure as my phone since I don't have to log in to use it. But the convenience can't be beat. And even before my card I was using my watch. I just find my phone to be cumbersome for payments.
, I prefer a card too though a bank card but below a certain amount (and below ... max a day so practically it is safe) it is contact-less without pin, more convenient than a phone imo. Especially since phones are phablets now (excluding a few models).

LoLaLinda

Feb 18, 2021
Visit site
Just ordered a Surface Duo. ... Evernote, Dropbox, Todoist Word, Excel, & Google Docs are my major use cases. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or app recommendations please let me know.

Hi, how is it to use Evernote on the dual screens? Can one have the EN app in one screen and type into it using a keyboard that is open in the other screen?
Or any other way to make EN use both screens?

I am amazed that you have the same use case like me (when I will have bought the MS duo). But I am afraid EN is not up to par to make any effective use of dual screens....

looking forward to your answer!
cheers
Linda

Last edited:

p51

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately, EN is not yet optimized for dual screen usage. Currently, I just use it in one window while using another app on the other screen. As a productivity device, optimized EN on the Duo would be AMAZING!
I really hope that more apps become optimized for the dual screens. Even as is - I love this device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte