Newbie Can't Save to SD Card from Computer

Lou Sander

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
I'm technical but brand new to this phone. When I try to save to the IDOL 4S from my computer (when they both are connected by a USB cable), the files appear to go to the SD card. But my phone doesn't seem to be able to access them. The same happens when I save a picture to the phone. I'm probably just missing something, but I can't figure out what it is. Who can help this newbie?

Al moon

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
Did you format the card in the phone? Maybe save to you cpu whats on the sd card then format the card in the phone and put all you stuff back on it see if it helps.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You did not say where on the SD card you are trying to save to.
You should be copying from the PC and pasting to a specific folder on the SD card.
You should have a 'picture' folder on the card, under that a camera roll folder.
The CR folder is for pictures taken by the phone. You should also have a saved pictures folder. this is where your picture should be pasted to.
Music can go straight to the music folder on the SD card

Lou Sander

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
@TMoore - Thanks for the information. I've got it figured out now, and I can access all my pictures. I'm still not sure exactly what goes where, but I'm working on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte