No Audio On Recorded Videos

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
A really frustrating problem I have been having with my 920 for a few months now is that all of a sudden, the videos I record have no audio.
I have checked and I am not covering the microphone, the videos also have no audio on the cloud aswel.

I have researched this alot and can not find an answer online but I refuse to believe this is unique to me.

The best lead I had was that it might have been a firmware problem and that if I downloaded the developer preview I would likely get the fix. Id id just that but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. It's also running the latest version of Black. Has anybody else experienced this? Will the fix come with the Cyan update?

I feel there is still alot of life left in my 920 and do not want to upgrade against my will.

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
A really frustrating problem I have been having with my 920 for a few months now is that all of a sudden, the videos I record have no audio.
I have checked and I am not covering the microphone, the videos also have no audio on the cloud aswel.

I have researched this alot and can not find an answer online but I refuse to believe this is unique to me.

The best lead I had was that it might have been a firmware problem and that if I downloaded the developer preview I would likely get the fix. Id id just that but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. It's also running the latest version of Black. Has anybody else experienced this? Will the fix come with the Cyan update?

I feel there is still alot of life left in my 920 and do not want to upgrade against my will.
Does your microphone work while calling ?
Btw are u a girl ?

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Soft reset didn't fix it .
I'd I do a hard reset, will I lose everything on my phone? Or can I use my one drive to put the phone back to the way it was?

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Soft reset didn't fix it .
I'd I do a hard reset, will I lose everything on my phone? Or can I use my one drive to put the phone back to the way it was?
You will only lose app data.
If you restore backup after hard reset, you will get call history, messages, contacts, settings, start screen layout and most importantly app list.
And all the apps which you had before hard reset, starts downloading on their own.

Make sure you have created backup of your phone from settings.

Last edited:

StudentoflifeUSMC

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Any fix? I have the same problem. And on playback, it's not just muffled like the mic was covered, it's muted. In fact, I can't talk to Cortana anymore either.

It doesn't act like it hears anything. But phone calls over the speaker are fine, so I'm not sure what it could be.

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Any fix? I have the same problem. And on playback, it's not just muffled like the mic was covered, it's muted. In fact, I can't talk to Cortana anymore either.

It doesn't act like it hears anything. But phone calls over the speaker are fine, so I'm not sure what it could be.

I think it is the mic tbh. It is acting up on calls but not on speaker.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Try cleaning the mic ports gently with a toothbrush, especially the mic on top. Ive read that the sound cancelling mic can cause issues, especially on early models, so Nokia made the holes a little bigger.

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Try cleaning the mic ports gently with a toothbrush, especially the mic on top. Ive read that the sound cancelling mic can cause issues, especially on early models, so Nokia made the holes a little bigger.

Sounds like a good idea. Do you know is it possible to do this without removing the shell?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa