No Mobile Network Connection?

xorozu

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm using a Lumia 550 as a stand in for my iPhone while it is been repaired, I'm surprised - I love it. WM 10 needs some refinements however I'm getting along nicely. One problem though - I can't seem to get 4g or 3g connection. I've reset the phone several times with no look and everytime I navigate to Mobile + Sim the only thing I get it 'learn more'.

I know my sim is loaded with unlimited internet and I've checked with my network to ensure the network is up.

Help! I'd be gutted to have to return the device, I'd equally be gutted if my device is broken.

Thank you.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm using a Lumia 550 as a stand in for my iPhone while it is been repaired, I'm surprised - I love it. WM 10 needs some refinements however I'm getting along nicely. One problem though - I can't seem to get 4g or 3g connection. I've reset the phone several times with no look and everytime I navigate to Mobile + Sim the only thing I get it 'learn more'.

I know my sim is loaded with unlimited internet and I've checked with my network to ensure the network is up.

Help! I'd be gutted to have to return the device, I'd equally be gutted if my device is broken.

Thank you.

Update to the latest version of W10M (10586.107) then do a hard reset by going to 'settings', then 'system', then 'about', then 'Reset'.

This will erase all user data and apps, so make sure you backup everything.

This was a problem in earlier builds of W10M which has since been resolved.

n-w

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
This was a problem in earlier builds of W10M which has since been resolved.

Agree with above solution. Additionally I found that WiFi confused the sims attempt to configure network on restart.

So far the new update has fixed that problem, but I've only switched my phone on and off once.

Where it did confuse it I've changed WiFi to connect manually.

n-w

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Just had the phone restart itself and lost connection. Had to wait till I got a WiFi network to reconnect. This is problematic in the rural world I live in. WiFi is not universal.
Win 10 update has clearly failed to fix this issue.
Annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa