No, of course 'Windows 12' won't require a subscription to use it

dkstrauss

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Sorry Zac, but I disagree with the basis of your opinion - those "add-ons" are the wolves in sheep clothing that let them subscription Windows by proxy - particularly when they get around to monetizing Copilot in the consumer space. My bet is by this time next year the Microsoft 365 subscription will be bumped up and come in two flavors, with and without full Copilot.

Reactions: wojtek

eltoslightfoot

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
As long as I get to keep my without co-pilot for no subscription, we are good. In fact, charge money for AI, that lets me keep it out of my system without having to do anything. :)

Reactions: wojtek

Peter_sjostrand

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone
I don't believe Win 12 will be pure subscription bebecause Microsoft will lose to many people switch to LINUX or mac.

I belive it will be as today one version of Win12 for us desktop user's and there could be one "cloud" version of win 12.
The gamer community will not accepting a pay subscription of win to get full access to win 12.

Me personally i would switch to Linux that day windows gets subscription. its simple as that.

Soon will all "poor/normal" people not own anything all will be on subscription and onl the very rich will own thing.

wojtek

May 2, 2023
Visit site
Previously it could have work but nowadays with proton the "pain resistance" may be lower to switch over to alternatives...

For better or for worse we got accustomed to free OSs (on the one hand Linux and it's all flavors, including android, on the other hand macOS, which is tied to the hardware but free nonetheless)

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124