No Remote Desktop on 8.1 Phone?

0flop0

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had thought that the "enterprise features" that were put into 8.1 were going to include VPN and Remote Desktop. It appears that only one type of VPN is supported, and that these is no Remote Desktop app/feature. (?) I don't want to install 3rd party remote tools on my machines, and would rather trust a Microsoft-published RDP app as well. Any news/insight?

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
According to a report on WPCentral a few months ago, they posted that iOS and Android had a Remote Desktop client because of an acquisition - the apps were already developed.

But now with Windows Phone 8.1 "released" and we've seen first hand how simple it is to code for multiple versions of Windows 8.1 I'm surprised that many, if not all, of the Windows 8.1 apps are not released already for WP8.1.

I have tried and purchased 2 of the 3rd party remote desktop apps and don't find that they work well enough and I'm eagerly awaiting the official Microsoft app - hopefully a port.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It really stinks that MS chose to do IOS and Andriod first. Never mind the resoning behind their decision. RDP should have been with WP 8.0 from day one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb