Nokia 925...would it be wise to get one now ?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi . This was my second smart phone I got in 2013 and I loved this phone. Was thinking of actually going back to 8.1 with this phone.

The predictive text was outstanding and much better than Win10.

Looking to purchase a 925. With the state of things with windows....would it be wise to get one now and use 8.1 ? Or is this a waste ?

Just wanted to go back, as that device I think is much better than my current 950.
The camera on the 925 was great . Plenty good enough for me.

Thanks for your help :)

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
As long as you don't need apps now that so many 8.1 versions have been pulled or lost support. Loved my 925 too but it probably wouldn't live up to today's expectations

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. You are right about the limitations.....its one of those things that seemed like a good idea as there are NIB Nokia 925 under $100 on EBay.

I bounce back and forth between a L950 and my Nokia 6 on android.

Since switching to android....i find that with Microsoft launcher installed and using Microsoft services it has been a good experience. Even the loss of live tiles,...which I thought I would really miss isn't bad either.

I don't have the crashing and screen freezing like I do on the 950 and everything JUST WORKS. Much better battery life on the N6 as i can get a whole day easily with moderate to heavy use.

Anyway, I appreciate the response. Better to just move forward and wait for Andromeda or whatever the next thing will be.

Until then I'll just be content with what I already have.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Would I do it? Certainly not! BUT I know some people who would. The guy I sold my 950 to certainly would! As @dov1978 said, as long as you don't need the apps and can live with what the Windows mobile software provides, you are fine.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. You are right about the limitations.....its one of those things that seemed like a good idea as there are NIB Nokia 925 under $100 on EBay.

I bounce back and forth between a L950 and my Nokia 6 on android.

Since switching to android....i find that with Microsoft launcher installed and using Microsoft services it has been a good experience. Even the loss of live tiles,...which I thought I would really miss isn't bad either.

I don't have the crashing and screen freezing like I do on the 950 and everything JUST WORKS. Much better battery life on the N6 as i can get a whole day easily with moderate to heavy use.

Anyway, I appreciate the response. Better to just move forward and wait for Andromeda or whatever the next thing will be.

Until then I'll just be content with what I already have.

Microsoft Launcher has been my daily driver for a while now but I still switch to SquareHome 2 every now and then for a little Windows phone fix.

Attachments

• 34136.jpg
    34136.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 26

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I've given Squarehome a shot. It's ok. I like launcher better....its nice to have those options though.

I would like to get the Nokia 8, but I think it will be better to probably wait until Nokia starts selling their phones in the US.

I purchased my Nokia 6 last year through Amazon....and I believe the 2018 version of the 6 will be available through Amazon next month. Might just wait for that.

If I am going to use android then it will only be on Nokia (HMD) hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria