Nokia Camera App being noisy

Toussaint Jongen

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

this morning I started up my Nokia Camera App (which I use all the time) on my Lumia 1520 and I noticed that there is noise coming out of the speaker. I never heard it before so I was surprised of course and thought something might be broken. So tried the default camera app and... No noise! Also in other apps there is no noise, and during video recording with the Nokia Camera app the noise also dissapears (luckily).

I thought it might be the Pureview camera system so I also tried it on my Lumia 630 with the same result... So it must be the Nokia Camera App.

Does anyone experience the same problem?

Lumia 1520 - Hong Kong version
Lumia 630 - Dutch Version

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's really strange. I have Nokia Camera as my default camera app on my 920. I just took a picture, and I didn't hear any noises.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No, it is a constant noise sound when running the app... It is noticable but can be heard better with your ear next to the speaker (with my phone)

I actually did that. I held the phone right near my ear when I opened the camera (opens in Nokia Camera, since that is my default camera app), and I didn't hear any sounds at all. I also have the shutter sound disabled.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Just checked on my recently updated L520 & yea there's the static sound while using Nokia Camera Beta & WhatsApp as well...will check all the other apps to see which all have that problem.
Wonder what its all about ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99