Nokia Lumia 730 ?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, nothing better after that sad news that yet another person jump out of Windows Phone. But there's something about new phones that just makes me happy dandy :).

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
WOW im soo stoked I would love to see a WP with a front facing keyboard. I cant wait until MWC atleast the Vita comes out this week to kind of ez the pain.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If Nokia is going to mess about and still be releasing Symbian phones they need their heads examining. New Symbian sales are probably just as bad as WP7's and will probably send the wrong message. If they are having a hard time getting WP7 onto carriers like Verizon, how are they going to get Symbian phones out there when they have said is not their main focus? Which is more likely to sell at this point, a super WP7 device or a super Symbian device? Sounds like a typical Microsoft type move, not surprising I guess.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If Nokia is going to mess about and still be releasing Symbian phones they need their heads examining. New Symbian sales are probably just as bad as WP7's and will probably send the wrong message. If they are having a hard time getting WP7 onto carriers like Verizon, how are they going to get Symbian phones out there when they have said is not their main focus? Which is more likely to sell at this point, a super WP7 device or a super Symbian device? Sounds like a typical Microsoft type move, not surprising I guess.

Phone will be for Europe and Asia, like all the other Symbian phones. They are not interested at marketing these to Verizon, just move units.

Problem is that Nokia can't create N8 successor on Mango. One of N8's strengths was that it used Broadcomm GPU pretty much made for the task. MSM8255 Snapdragon and Adreno 205 GPU is far from hardware you want for your imaging flagship. Symbian simply has way more flexibility at the moment and Nokia can do what it wants to the software.

While Symbian sales have been declining, it's guaranteed that Nokia will keep selling way more Symbian phones this year than WP.

Could not want anything else than this phone to be for WP, especially if these rumors really are true. Will be pretty epic camera phone. Though for that we need to wait till Apollo and hopefully let ST-Ericsson and Nokia do their thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss