Nokia Lumia 920 Vs Apple iPhone 5 Features Specs Comparison

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
dfncz.png

http://everythingnokia.com/nokia-lumia-920-vs-iphone-5-features-specs-comparison/

The Lumia 920 wins the screen quality (332 ppi), battery life and camera quality specs hands down, probably the three most important features where people can actually tell the difference during everyday use. No contest there at all. Knowing that Apple only redesigns hardware once every two years, it will be two more years before they can catch up with the Lumia's OIS camera technology. Kudos Nokia!

diod123

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

NOKIA Lumia 920 Vs iPhone 5 Features Specs Comparison | Everything Nokia

The Lumia 920 wins the screen quality (332 ppi), battery life and camera quality specs hands down, probably the three most important features where people can actually tell the difference during everyday use. No contest there at all. Knowing that Apple only redesigns hardware once every two years, it will be two more years before they can catch up with the Lumia's OIS camera technology. Kudos Nokia!
Here is a list I put together of advantages of both iphone 5 and L920 for my sister, who is looking for a new phone.

Iphone 5

• Lighter and Smaller (subjective advantage)
  • More Apps (this is an advantage that is slipping away though - the Windows and Nokia app market is growing quickly, and will excelerate 10 fold with Windows 8)
  • Somewhat faster processor (this is not fully established)
  • Familiarity for iphone users
  • Higher quality materials for the phone body (just don't drop it - it will look worse than your phone now) This is also subjective.

Lumia 920

• Better camera for pictures and video (hands down - I have read several articles written by photopraphers)
  • Better operating system (subjective advantage - people need to use it to know)
  • Longer battery life (300 hours vs 225 hour standbye/10 hours talk vs 8 hours)
  • Standard mini-USB connector. (the iphone uses a new connector, you will need to by a $30 adapter to connect it to your computer)
  • Better screen (higher resolution, richer colors, usable in sunlight, more responsive - can be used with gloves!) - by the way "Retina" display is a marketing myth
  • Wireless Charging
  • NFC
  • Nokia applications and exlusives (like Groupon - some very good ones)
  • More memory - I was mistaken about this, Lumia 920 has 32G. The base iphone 5 has 16G. These should cost the same. The higher memory iphones jump in price.

The iphone is actually more on par with the Lumia 820, which will definetly cost less. It had a number of the 920 features but is smaller. It looks just as cool too.

Catie Jacksonn

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia is much better according to os and talktime but if we compare it with its weight, connectivity strength and its chipset then apple never fails Apple iphone 5 is the best among all new variety of phones.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia is much better according to os and talktime but if we compare it with its weight, connectivity strength and its chipset then apple never fails Apple iphone 5 is the best among all new variety of phones.

Can you explain me what do you mean by "if we compare it with its weight, connectivity strength and its chipset then apple never fails" - it does not make any sense for me ...

EDIT: it seems to be very old post from 1 message user ...

Last edited:

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
You will not match the iPhone 5 battery. iPhone's honestly have some of the best battery life. I mean just look at the GSMarena tests. 10 hours of Web usage is unmatched

In terms of OS being better, that is super subjective. I mean, windows phone is different in it's own respect, but the apps really don't compare in terms of both quality and quantity. As for the standard USB connector.......idk if you just didn't know or anything, but you can use the charger cable of the iPhone 5 and use it to connect to the computer. You don't "have" to go out and buy another lightning cable. Someone without a mini-usb cable has to go buy another one.......

Camera is hands down better on the Lumia 920, screen is bigger but I wouldn't say the quality of the display itself is better. The iPhone 5 has probably one of the best displays honestly along with a few other phones like the One X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb