Not able to forward files attached with the email sent by someone on Nokia Lumia 925

utsavthakkar

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
When trying to forward an email received containing attached files, the email gets forwarded without the attachment with just the text. When asked Nokia about it, they say the phone application has been made in such a way that the files need to be downloaded first, then upload it from the folder where its saved and then one can send that attachment. Previously used e72 and also tried out the email function in other Android and ios, but this is not a problem in any of it.

Wonder if this is an Windows 8 error or some fault with Nokia.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
No there's no issue anywhere. Just download the file and then forward the mail. You dont need to re attach the files if you have downloaded them- they will be attached automatically. There's no problem with the mail app. The attachments are not auto downloaded when mail arrives. The e72 ran nokias software, the Lumia runs Microsoft software.

utsavthakkar

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, I use emails for Officials use only, there are files sometimes which are more than 50 megabytes and they wouldn't anyway open on my phone because they are Illustrator, Photoshop or Corel files. The issue is, I am NOT able to directly forward (the way I used to on my e72) the attachment further as the attached files disappears when forwarded.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem forwarding attachment without download first using Outlook/Hotmail or Exchange servers. Not sure about other email accounts like POP3 or IMAP. You might need to download them first before forwarding. You tap once on the attachment to download. You don't have to open then. You will see a download status in email app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos