NVIDIA CEO says the future of coding as a career might already be dead in the water with the imminent prevalence of AI

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Are concerned about AI potentially taking over your job in your respective field?

Not at this point. It makes far too many mistakes and needs to be vetted for all sorts of things before public consumption. Also, in my experience with using it for coding purposes so far, it hasn't been bang on. If anything, it's a tool to enable my coding skills further and send me down the right path but it's not a set it and forget it thing.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"NVIDIA CEO says the future of coding as a career might already be dead in the water with the imminent prevalence of AI".

LOL. Dream on. This is a CEO who obviously knows nothing about programming/coding.

Nothing wrong with that, since being a CEO is a way different skill set than being a programmer. But this is like me announcing "A programmer says the future of CEO as a career might already be dead in the water with the imminent prevalence of AI".

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
"NVIDIA CEO says the future of coding as a career might already be dead in the water with the imminent prevalence of AI".

LOL. Dream on. This is a CEO who obviously knows nothing about programming/coding.

Nothing wrong with that, since being a CEO is a way different skill set than being a programmer. But this is like me announcing "A programmer says the future of CEO as a career might already be dead in the water with the imminent prevalence of AI".

:rolleyes:
Yup.
He seems to forget there are many kinds of coders.

AI *will* reduce the *growth* in jobs for gruntwork coders who might fill out a flow chart with canned routines and objects or do line by line debugging but the creative side of coding is in no danger. If nothing else, somebody has to tell the LLM *what* code to spit out.