Older version of Facebook to Side Load (connect functionality)

sameersaab

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Wondering where I can find the older version of facebook so I can sideload it.

When I first updated my Lumia 1520 around November, it was using the old FB and it had facebook connect in Win10, i.e. the People "App" was integrated with status updates just like in 8.1. The phone then asked me to update to the newer version, and once I did, my "people app" became useless.

I figure if I can find the older version pre-win 10 mobile, I will regain that connect functionality. Currently, it is useless. What is the point of the "what's new" section if it cant even connect?

So looking for direction on where I can find the older app outside of the Store.

Thanks!

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd try looking at XDA-Developers first.

But beware, support for it may have been dropped like how 8.1 Messenger was dropped.

sameersaab

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks Xandros9, I got it! Since I don't use the app almost ever, my "Whats New" feed finally works!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/facebook-app-t3461709/page4#post71847466

Facebook will prompt you to install the new version if you use the app, so I guess this is just good for the Original Windows Phone novelty of contact integration.
Major fail in Win10mobile was to move to fully app-based system, OS integration in 8.1 was amazing. What differentiates it from Android when they got rid of Hubs? just live tiles and no apps?

good luck to anyone who wants it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs