On Screen Keyboard Metro IE

Dewg_Zom

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem with the onscreen keyboard in Metro IE appearing and then disappearing when trying to post? I have to use desktop IE to get it to work? Ironic that I can't get it to work on the Surface RT forum. ��

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem with the onscreen keyboard in Metro IE appearing and then disappearing when trying to post? I have to use desktop IE to get it to work? Ironic that I can't get it to work on the Surface RT forum. ��

This site isn't very friendly to mobile browsers. Lots of javascript doing odd things in the background. The "auto save" seems to make the keyboard disappear.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed a keyboard issue but whenever I try to view the "Windows Phone Apps" forum on WP Central with my Surface RT I get an error message "Invalid Forum Specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator." This is the only forum that has caused a problem.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
This happens for my Surface as well, except the disappearing keyboard issue happens with all of the subforums for the site. Same thing for my WP... ��

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It's an issue from the forum. You can't use "fast replay" use the normal replay and all goes fine. Meanwhile tell it to some forum admin please. They might wanna fix it.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It's a real big pain in the ***, but you can still glitch the page to get the on screen keyboard up to use. You just need to tap the textbox in rapid succession - the way I do it when I don't want to use the keyboard is by:
1) Tap the textbox and the keyboard will pop up.
2) Tap it again while the keyboard is still on the screen.
It most likely won't work the first few attempts but if you try a few more you can get it to work with ya.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It's a real big pain in the ***, but you can still glitch the page to get the on screen keyboard up to use. You just need to tap the textbox in rapid succession - the way I do it when I don't want to use the keyboard is by:
1) Tap the textbox and the keyboard will pop up.
2) Tap it again while the keyboard is still on the screen.
It most likely won't work the first few attempts but if you try a few more you can get it to work with ya.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't experience those issues (I'm replying on my RT in IE right now) but sometimes all the weird JavaScript and ads and stuff do cause issues for the "metro" IE. In those cases I open it on the desktop IE and everything seems to work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)