OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's "magical" GPT-4o felt more like routine Microsoft Copilot updates paired with a snub for Windows

alec sander

May 14, 2024
Visit site
how is criticizing the use of the word magical enough for you to write an article. so sick of these trash articles showing up in my feed. teach me something. don't just spend my time complaining that revolutionary tech changes aren't enough for you. probably should have let the new model write your article for you... it's more informed

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
Guys, remember Apple getting ChatGPT (their first meaningful AI headline in what? five years) makes it MAGICAL! Kinda like the VISION PRO me2 VR in AR camo. Its Apple: by definition everything is magical.

As for no mention of MS? Why not? Apple gets to bask in getting the GPT 4-oh before MS. And they needed the brag (see above). Besides, with the idiot politicians whining over the OpenAI-MS connection, a meaningless show of independence comes in handy.

DeroyNoodle

May 15, 2024
Visit site
After watching the event, it was clear he was referring to the improved Voice and real-time Vision modalities. These features haven't been released yet, but we did get a faster GPT-4 with better reasoning and image recognition (GPT-4o) in the meantime. Criticizing Altman's 'magical' sentiment shows you over-anticipated his words. Did you really expect something like GPT-5 this soon? We already had hints of an incremental update, like what was shown on Chatbot Arena dubbed as "im-also-a-good-gpt2-chatbot". It wasn’t massive, but it was welcomed. If you were that disappointed at what was shown at the event, it’s your fault for setting yourself up for false anticipation.

bazanime

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
According to the poll taken by this website indicating that folks don't find Copilot useful, it seems apt that Apple users get more focus where maybe they found more interest.

Oh well!

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
According to the poll taken by this website indicating that folks don't find Copilot useful, it seems apt that Apple users get more focus where maybe they found more interest.

Oh well!
You do know that, entertaining as they might be, internet polls rely on self-selected voters rather than a statistically valid sample, and thus worth the paper they are printed on and not a cap more, right?

Also, the Apple faithful are easily wowed by any trinket with an apple logo. Lie $30 microfiber cloths, round mice, and overpriced VR headsets.

Two expanations: pick your favorite.