OTG for the Lumia 640 xl

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello all! I've finally found something that the 640 can't do. It breaks my heart to say it. Took me three years of using the phone and I must admit, it hurts even to have to say this...it doesn't have OTG. I can't connect a flash drive straight to the device for the phone to read.

The discovery was quite embarrassing when less phones than this were connecting easily and reading the flash. I'm sure there's no update for that.

What that have added to the all-round functionality of the phone, is just be mere speculation now. Just don't get why that would so difficult for Microsoft to have added to it's phones as a bonus...

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It takes the correct hardware for OTG, it's not something you just add on.
This is well covered, don't know why there is surprise.

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Does any Lumia have OTG? It ought to be available for all their products. A very necessary spec at that. Thought the purchase of this product would go along way to stand the test of time before I get another.

Unfortunately, not! Too bad. Explains why a lot of fans are leaving the sinking ship....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does any Lumia have OTG? It ought to be available for all their products. A very necessary spec at that. Thought the purchase of this product would go along way to stand the test of time before I get another.

Unfortunately, not! Too bad. Explains why a lot of fans are leaving the sinking ship....

The Lumia 950 and 950 XL.

That's it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria