PC seems stuck with 100% disk all the time

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Not sure what else to try so opening this up.

For months my PC has gone sluggish. I can't tell if it's hardware or what. When I open task manager, it will commonly say 100% Disk during these slow times.

The catch.... when organizing by "what is using the most" thigns are using 0.8MB/s commonly, sometimes up to 2MB/s

This is a SATA connection. Such a tiny bandwidth shouldn't be "100%"

So what's the cause? Mobo failure? HDD failure? other?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Welcome to Windows Central. Your Disk should not show 100%. It might possibly spike but not stay at 100% You could try defraging your PC.
Here's 10 things to try by HTG. 10 Quick Ways to Speed Up a Slow PC Running Windows 7, 8, or 10
You don't have to have all the answers. You just need to know where you can find them.:wink: We have a lot on answers here on Windows Central. If you need more help, please join the forum!:wink:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/310085-join-windows-central-community.html

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I faced a similar problem a couple of days before my motherboard died. So I would be wary and backup everything important, and then get it checked.
Yuk ! Let's hope that doesn't happen. That's really a bummer. I would back up my entire OS on a external drive. It's rare that a MB dies , but it's possibly. Do you know how to create a back up image of your OS? Time to learn!:wink: You will be fearless with a back up image!
PS Do you have away to check the MB?? I would be very interested!:wink:
Thanks for helping!

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. This was more of a painful experience. The service centre charged me half the price of my laptop for a new motherboard :cry:
Hi friend! I'm not recommending this program, but I have used it without causing an problems to my PC. Check it out! Download Hot CPU Tester Pro - MajorGeeks
This is what Major Geeks says about this program, so take it for what it's worth. Your comments would be welcomed.
Hot CPU Tester Pro is a system health and stability tester. It tests CPU, chipset and virtually all parts of motherboard for errors/bugs, defective parts and components. It is a burn-in test with uniquely designed state of the art DefectTrack engine. DefectTech is a technology developed by 7Byte to diagnose systems regarding its stability and in general, computer's health. Hot CPU Tester is currently being used in many labs and governmental organizations around the world, as a reliable stability testing utility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes