People App on Outlook.com - Photos

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
How do you add a photo to your contacts if you only have a Windows 8.1 and outlook.com account on the people app? Is it not possible to do this? If not, how can I ask MS to add this feature in future updates/releases?

Chris

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Subscribing to thread to follow for any updates. Just this morning I realized I can easily add (and have added plenty) of Contact photos via my phone but can't add photos to Contacts through Outlook.com's People tab. Pretty weird. Seems like a huge omission, especially since I have waay more photos available to choose from via my laptop than my phone and OneDrive (yes, I know I could copy all my photos from laptop into OneDrive so I could then access them from my phone, but copying 50GB of photos into OneDrive isn't a project I'm particularly interested in. Maybe, though, as a temporary workaround I'll choose some specific contact photos from my laptop photos and copy those into OneDrive so I could then access and use them from my phone.)

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Related to all this, am I right in realizing that adding Contact photos on your phone doesn't update/sync them to Outlook.com's People info unless it's a Skype contact who has added their own profile pic? Seems weird that since everything else about my Contacts (and Camera Roll/photos) already syncs between phone and web that the associated photos couldn't also sync. Jeesh.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Related to all this, am I right in realizing that adding Contact photos on your phone doesn't update/sync them to Outlook.com's People info unless it's a Skype contact who has added their own profile pic? Seems weird that since everything else about my Contacts (and Camera Roll/photos) already syncs between phone and web that the associated photos couldn't also sync. Jeesh.

yup, the only way to get a picture for your contacts to show on outlook.com is to have that contact add a photo for themselves. that could be through their live profile, Skype or one of the social networks that integrate with outlook.com. kinda annoying.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
yup, the only way to get a picture for your contacts to show on outlook.com is to have that contact add a photo for themselves. that could be through their live profile, Skype or one of the social networks that integrate with outlook.com. kinda annoying.

Wow, that's definitely ridiculous. And I guess it also means that those people who use Outlook.com only through the web portal but not through a Windows Phone don't have any way at all to add contact photos unless their contacts upload their own public account photo. (??) Pretty big oversight from MS, it seems to me, when those contact "photo boxes" are so big and obvious on Outlook.com's web page and begging for photos but the user can't actually do anything with them through the website. Chalk another one up to MS finishing something halfway and not connecting all the dots, I guess.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
OK, just to compound the silliness of this whole contact photos thing, today I added a contact photo through Outlook 2013 desktop (Office365 version) and it synced it to that contact's profile in Outlook desktop (obviously), on my phone AND in the "People" app on my Win 8.1 laptop but NOT to his listing in Outlook.com's "People" tab. I admit that I don't know anything about programming, but I can't see how it can actually be working like it does. Pretty bizarre.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte