Possible Official Starbucks App...

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice to see! I don't go there frequently, but I liked Buckstar (until it stopped working) as it kept me in the know about how much was left on my card.

A Tim Hortons in the US would be even better. I'd never set foot in a Starbucks again!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice to see! I don't go there frequently, but I liked Buckstar (until it stopped working) as it kept me in the know about how much was left on my card.

A Tim Hortons in the US would be even better. I'd never set foot in a Starbucks again!
There aren't any Tim Hortons where I live. 😞

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Michigan is as close as it gets for me. Still too far, unfortunately. Superior quality (and less expensive) than Starbucks! I miss Tims!

They're all huddled around Ontario and Quebec, targeting where Canadians frequent; assuming the average American wouldn't have interest in a Starbucks competitor. Simply not true! Any American I've known to visit Canada thinks Tim's superior in every way to Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many months before we'll see it though. Still T-Mobile will probably take a few months to make the
W10M upgrade available for my Lumia 640 so no hurry I guess lol

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
According to this tweet:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it would quite a drive to go to another state or even 2 hours in the same state for some coffee. I would do it for tech, but not for drinks or food, unless I happen to be in the area.

I do wonder why now for Starbucks though. I see this being great for people who already use Windows Phone, but not enough for those on the fence.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it would quite a drive to go to another state or even 2 hours in the same state for some coffee. I would do it for tech, but not for drinks or food, unless I happen to be in the area.

I do wonder why now for Starbucks though. I see this being great for people who already use Windows Phone, but not enough for those on the fence.
I wondered exactly the same thing ie why now?

It seems this may be our answer:

"According to former Kevin Johnson, Starbucks President, COO and ex-Microsoft Windows division president the app should hit our OS by June at the latest."

ie I wonder if he wasn't a former Microsoft Employee if this would still be happening.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally I haven't used Starbucks in forever. Too over-hyped, pretentious and costly. If you have a Starbucks habit it is akin to smoking. Money best spent elsewhere... And I'm not trying to poke a bear here. I have both caffeine and nicotine dependencies. But I do try and manage my costs in terms of real dollars and life impact. I'm off tobacco and on e-cigs and I only brew at home with a decent priced bulk bean. I'm metering both and cutting down.

Even when I was all in with the coffee, I never particularly cared for Starbucks. Their atmosphere puts me right off and the prices make me cringe. The profit margin must be through the roof... And anyone handing out coffee in a paper cup need not be so smug.

If there was an App to make them disappear, I'd pay for that. It would improve the American landscape immensely. 11,174 locations is about 10,000 too many.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Personally I haven't used Starbucks in forever. Too over-hyped, pretentious and costly. If you have a Starbucks habit it is akin to smoking. Money best spent elsewhere... And I'm not trying to poke a bear here. I have both caffeine and nicotine dependencies. But I do try and manage my costs in terms of real dollars and life impact. I'm off tobacco and on e-cigs and I only brew at home with a decent priced bulk bean. I'm metering both and cutting down.

Even when I was all in with the coffee, I never particularly cared for Starbucks. Their atmosphere puts me right off and the prices make me cringe. The profit margin must be through the roof... And anyone handing out coffee in a paper cup need not be so smug.

If there was an App to make them disappear, I'd pay for that. It would improve the American landscape immensely. 11,174 locations is about 10,000 too many.
I prefer local coffee shops, but there aren't many around these days.

I really don't spend any time in Starbucks, but I like to get coffee on the go. I like the convenience of using the Starbucks app to order on the go, avoid any line, and pick up my coffee.

When ordering using the app, there is no interaction with any of the employees. The drink is ready on the counter labeled with the buyer's name.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this does make it to Windows Phone if it will be the poor stepchild app again or if it will be more fully featured and have the ordering capability of the iOS and Android versions...

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well it's finally here. Just missing the preorder option, but I had a feeling that probably wouldn't be included. Still it's nice that Windows Phone users finally have their own official app :smile:

Let's hope it's kept updated and not left to stagnate like so many apps. If they do update it to include the preorder option that will be a good sign that they are serious about this app.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Tried it out this morning. Seemed to work as expected ie nothing exciting to report. The fact that my Lumia 640 is SIMless didn't stop me as just used Starbucks WiFi. Could've also used my other phone's hotspot as well of course.

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm not in 3 countries but could download the app and use it for sure locator after seeing my region to UK.
Can anyone like me try logging in using Starbucks card not from these 3 countries?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Deeprooo