Qi for $16 !!!

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Guys - it's potentially possible to add Qi for just $16 with some minor modifications to the case - I'm about to attempt it with a receiver I got from Amazon using my 635.

Amazon.com: BLUBOON(TM) Universal Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Wireless Charger Receiver Film for Micro-usb of All Android Mobile (Narrow-interface Up): Cell Phones & Accessories

It looks like you need to make the hole in the bottom of the 635 cover slightly larger to accommodate the connector, but the receiver itself works like a charm - I just tested it .

I'll post pictures of the 635 when i'm done.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you need to make the hole in the bottom of the 635 cover slightly larger to accommodate the connector, but the receiver itself works like a charm - I just tested it ...

Awesome! glad it's working. I do hope they can make one that takes advantage of the prongs that the 640xl has...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
So this does prevent you from hooking your phone up to your PC using the USB port. Eh... a small price to pay, especially since I have Wi-Fi and can connect that way, or with Bluetooth.

However, I'm concerned how much of a problem it would be with the part sticking out a bit. Seems like it could get something broken, especially the way I handle a phone. How much does it stick out, exactly? In millimeters if possible.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll measure it - it's not that much, maybe a couple of mm?. I didn't even give it a second thought to be honest. i don't see it getting snagged on anything - mind you, I'm a chick, so I won't be putting it in any pockets!! :)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking it would be great for my wife's 635, too. I'm more afraid of it being snagged on something in that purse of hers.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
so I checked it again. It's less than a millimeter. basically imagine you were to put a little boot over the usb connector to prevent dust, and that would be about how much it sticks out. That, or it's like you've put another button on the base of the phone. plus it's made of metal, so it gives it a little bit more of a luxe feel to it over plastic.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
How longs does it take to charge that huge battery on qi? It seems to take forever onthe plug in charger

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have one of those and for some reason it doesn't work well on the upright QI chargers from Nokia. Like it's not centered well enough. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786