Random shutdowns since last update?

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I got the small update for 8.1 tje other day and now I am getting random shut downs. Anyone else having the same issue?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Not with my L1020. You may want to perform a soft reset and see if that fixes the bug. Just press the volume down and power buttons together for around 10-15 seconds or until you feel your phone vibrate. This will NOT erase your personal data.

Reference.
Restarting your Windows Phone 8.1

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, my 8X started shutting down almost every time I placed it in my pocket. I did a hard reset and the problem seems to have gone away. (I also recovered almost 3Gb of system space ;)

penncil

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Had exactly the same random shutdown issues with my 8X and they seem to be getting worse with every recent update.
However, I seem to have cured it by taping up the SIM. Its a known issue but I had not had the shutdowns until 8.1:(
I put tape on the back of the SIM and a small piece along the edge on the front. No shutdowns for 4 days now after 3 weeks of increasing shutdowns up to 5 a day

Search the forums for "Invalid SIM error on 8X". There is a picture on page 5 showing where to put the tape on the contact side of the SIM.

dwarfsize

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've had a few of these as well.. I REALLY hate random crashes/restarts. It's usually when i'm playing online games though, not sure if that's a coincidence or not.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm getting more random shutdowns since the latest update. I did the hard reset thing too. This morning at the gym it crashed twice while running the podcast app. It has crashed just sitting on my desk too - I pick it up and hit the power button and it says "goodbye..."

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well it got worse if anything, and started throwing sim card errors again too, but my contract is up so I bought a nice Icon off eBay and I'm outta here ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucasmorth