Recent Surface Pro 4 Issues

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Good morning,
I've been having some issues with my Pro 4 since yesterday. I got it out, like normal, to do some browsing and look at the LG V30. Nothing strenuous. I had some issues getting Edge to start, but after I got it working everything worked like normal. Then the screen completely froze, and after about two minutes I restarted the computer. It wouldn't turn back on. For a while, the keyboard still lit up, but then there was zero response whatsoever. I eventually booted into BIOS and that fixed the problem as far as I could tell. I didn't have any more problems yesterday. Then today I got my Pro 4 out again and realized it felt strangely hot. I mean, hotter than I've ever felt it get before. It's the Core M, so it never even gets warm unless I'm really pushing it or it's a warm day. I try turning it on... and nothing. I wait thirty seconds and try again, and it boots up like normal (after doing a disk scan). This is coupled with weirdly high battery drain out of nowhere. I unplugged it this morning and haven't used it at all since I went to work. It drained 28% of it's battery in about ten hours of standby, which isn't normal.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I like how I'm trending but no one has responded to this post, haha. Well, update. I haven't had any more issues since that day, so I'm not sure what happened. I haven't found anything in my scans and I don't have any runaway programs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon