Redfall review: A vampiric open-world shooter with a bad case of anaemia

dennarai

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
This is rough. I really dislike the loot mechanics. I feel like a much better way to do things would be “pick weapons and attach mods” sort of load out style.

I got so many identical guns. Why am I getting so many identical guns?! D=

I am actually struggling to find something to like about this game.

Characters only get 2 abilities? Really? Even with the skill trees these abilities are pretty uninspired and bland.

I wonder if they’re hiring QA because they clearly did not have any for this game.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Great review. Extremely helpful. I did wonder though, was the 5-star rating intentional? The text of the review would seem to suggest it's not at that level.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Great review. Extremely helpful. I did wonder though, was the 5-star rating intentional? The text of the review would seem to suggest it's not at that level.
hmm yeha, i gave it 6/10 because i ultimately didn't hate it, and it was at least what id consider functional for the playstyle i engaged with mainly, which was sniping. ive played worse games. i got fun out of redfall, and some of the story beats really did engage me. some of the setpieces and artistic scenes are interesting, and the themes are good, and the bones of a solid game are present.

thanks for reading!! glad it was helpful.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
This is rough. I really dislike the loot mechanics. I feel like a much better way to do things would be “pick weapons and attach mods” sort of load out style.

I got so many identical guns. Why am I getting so many identical guns?! D=

I am actually struggling to find something to like about this game.

Characters only get 2 abilities? Really? Even with the skill trees these abilities are pretty uninspired and bland.

I wonder if they’re hiring QA because they clearly did not have any for this game.
I LITERALLY thought the same thing re: "pick weapons, then modify them" would've been WAY better in a game where they only had a few weapon types. i have no clue why they didn't come up with that idea, since its present in so many similar games.

i have no idea what the QA process was for this game. it feels like the most dispassionate, under-budgeted title in bethesda's recent history.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel