Samsung S8 vs Samsung a70 recommendation

ZoiBH

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello people! Here's my situation.
I currently use Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and I'm super satisfied with it.
But a friend of mine sold me his S8 for a very low price of 90 Euros. I've tried the phone and I like it very much. it's basically better in every department compared to my Xiaomi except for the battery. But I like when my phone has a very good battery.
So I'm thinking of selling S8 and buying A70 as it's like the best of both worlds. AMOLED, oneui, processor even faster than S8 (geekbench single and multicore), good camera, and even better battery compared to my Xiaomi.
I could get around 230 Euro for used S8 and I could possibly buy a new A70 for 300 Euro, but I'd buy it in installments, 11 Euro a month for 2 years.

Tl ,Dr: is it worth buying a70 over S8 because of its battery? How do screens and camera compare?

Off topic - Google keyboard is awful, I'm going back to Swiftkey, so sorry for all the typos.

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Hello people! Here's my situation.
I currently use Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and I'm super satisfied with it.
But a friend of mine sold me his S8 for a very low price of 90 Euros. I've tried the phone and I like it very much. it's basically better in every department compared to my Xiaomi except for the battery. But I like when my phone has a very good battery.
So I'm thinking of selling S8 and buying A70 as it's like the best of both worlds. AMOLED, oneui, processor even faster than S8 (geekbench single and multicore), good camera, and even better battery compared to my Xiaomi.
I could get around 230 Euro for used S8 and I could possibly buy a new A70 for 300 Euro, but I'd buy it in installments, 11 Euro a month for 2 years.

Tl ,Dr: is it worth buying a70 over S8 because of its battery? How do screens and camera compare?

Off topic - Google keyboard is awful, I'm going back to Swiftkey, so sorry for all the typos.

I have seen a70 in person it's decent phone with average camera. Battery life will be very good. Screen is also very good.
I will suggest to check out brands like vivo / oppo / mi instead they offer similar specs with big battery life & possibly better camera in same price bracket.

ZoiBH

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have seen a70 in person it's decent phone with average camera. Battery life will be very good. Screen is also very good.
I will suggest to check out brands like vivo / oppo / mi instead they offer similar specs with big battery life & possibly better camera in same price bracket.

Those are not an option at my carrier (or at all except ordering from China) and besides, I want a Samsung phone as I like their oneui system and their AMOLED screens. Not to mention way better resale value in my country.
Anyway, I already have S8 so I'm just thinking if I go for the a70 will I get a big downgrade in other areas like screen quality and camera quality?

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Those are not an option at my carrier (or at all except ordering from China) and besides, I want a Samsung phone as I like their oneui system and their AMOLED screens. Not to mention way better resale value in my country.
Anyway, I already have S8 so I'm just thinking if I go for the a70 will I get a big downgrade in other areas like screen quality and camera quality?
Go for a70 then you get fhd+ big screen, 128 gb storage , 6 or 8 gb ram , 4500mah battery , decent processor as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99