Samsung to unveil Galaxy S4 | Ativ S2?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Article on ZDNet got me thinking...
Samsung to unveil Galaxy S4 in Feb 2013 | ZDNet

Screen size: 5" (gotta trim that bezel to get this size)

So what other hardware features could the S4 have over the S3? My quick guess is that it will be even thinner than the iPhone 5

Will they put the WP on the same cycle as android phones. Hope not, as this would keep WP as Samsung mistress and Android as the wife.

MWC is in February 2013...is that too soon for another Ativ S?

Were are getting close to the point of stabilizing on HW improvement for phones. I mean we know more power CPU, more system RAM, internal storage 32GB, and battery, But for OEM whose primary difference is HW what else could they realistically add going forward?

I compare it to laptops where we get new models every year but you could live with your laptop for 3-5years without upgrading unless someone said X software will not work on your laptop because we want you to by new HW

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No doubt this is Samsung's "destroy Apple" strategy. Increase the frequency of new devices to demolish Apple's technology.

It has the added advantage of keeping Apple's lawyers busy... every ban they "win" on product is on a product that's no longer current (or even produced).

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I found interesting in that link was from one of the posts. Really made me LOL.

c6zyrg7ioiw0ram6r.jpg

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they would release a WP8 variant at the same time since they would want the spotlight on the Android version first.

Also, I think a 5" screen would be too big for a phone. The size of the GS3 is about as big as I would go.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I could easily use a 5" screen with one hand, what is the problem about the size? Technology as always been about pushing the limits a little further and I think it's the way it should be.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I could easily use a 5" screen with one hand, what is the problem about the size? Technology as always been about pushing the limits a little further and I think it's the way it should be.

Well not everyone has huge hands. I mean, I used to have a Titan II, and I could use that one-handed, but not easily.

I mean if they want to push the limits, instead of trying to make everything bigger, why don't they try to make the battery last for five days on a single charge! Or, why don't they figure out how to put RGB on their HD Super AMOLED? I mean, I'd rather them work on that than figuring out how to make the screen bigger.

Mirtas

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
@katamari201

They don't want the risk. Once WP hits 10% global market share then LG, Sony and others will want to join in.

I am positive that Samsung will be introducing 2 or 3 WP devices in Augusts or September. They are waiting for Windows to update the hardware so they can launch real competitive devices. Samsung has the mentality that they want to be dominant in every field they are active in.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I think they will make ATIV S2. Just like ATIV S, they can just reuse the current Galaxy hardware.

We will more than likely see Nokia, HTC and Samsung announcing phones with Qualcomm 600 processors, used in GS4. Same on last gen GS3 and ATIV S Qualcomm S4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo