Screen Cropped

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to use my 950XL on a HP Z27i display connected via HDMI, but the resolution seems to be off. The desktop is cropped off by about 100px all the way around, so I can barely see the task bar and trying to click buttons to navigate an app is nearly impossible. I've tried to search for a solution, but I haven't found any. Help? TIA.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to use my 950XL on a HP Z27i display connected via HDMI, but the resolution seems to be off. The desktop is cropped off by about 100px all the way around, so I can barely see the task bar and trying to click buttons to navigate an app is nearly impossible. I've tried to search for a solution, but I haven't found any. Help? TIA.

what's the resolution of the display?

And does it have any settings for zooming or wide zoom ? Like in a tv where there are different zoom settings

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
what's the resolution of the display?

And does it have any settings for zooming or wide zoom ? Like in a tv where there are different zoom settings

When connected to my desktop, I'm running 2560x1440. I've tried the preset zoom controls such as fill screen, but there's nothing that allowed me to incrementally decrease zoom. I did set it to the actual resolution setting where the screen is much smaller than the screen (since it wasn't set to fill the screen), but there the edges were still cut off. There's no setting on the phone to display at a specific resolution too.

This issue makes Continuum fairly useless for me... :cry:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When connected to my desktop, I'm running 2560x1440. I've tried the preset zoom controls such as fill screen, but there's nothing that allowed me to incrementally decrease zoom. I did set it to the actual resolution setting where the screen is much smaller than the screen (since it wasn't set to fill the screen), but there the edges were still cut off. There's no setting on the phone to display at a specific resolution too.

This issue makes Continuum fairly useless for me... :cry:

i meant for the screen itself - does it have a remote controller?

Or thinking about this differently, does the same behavipur happen when you connect a pc to the display?

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i meant for the screen itself - does it have a remote controller?

Or thinking about this differently, does the same behavipur happen when you connect a pc to the display?

Here's the screen: HP Z Display Z27i 27-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor(D7P92A4)| HP? Indonesia
I'm not sure what you mean by a remote controller. I did go into the monitor settings to try and make adjustments. When it's connected to the PC, everything is fine. When I connect by Continuum, the edges are cropped off. I set the monitor on Custom Scaling and set it to not fill the screen so I can see what it looks like - the Continuum display filled only half of the screen, but the edges are still cropped off and the rest of the screen is nothing but a huge black border.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's the screen: HP Z Display Z27i 27-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor(D7P92A4)| HP? Indonesia
I'm not sure what you mean by a remote controller. I did go into the monitor settings to try and make adjustments. When it's connected to the PC, everything is fine. When I connect by Continuum, the edges are cropped off. I set the monitor on Custom Scaling and set it to not fill the screen so I can see what it looks like - the Continuum display filled only half of the screen, but the edges are still cropped off and the rest of the screen is nothing but a huge black border.

I see now, thank you; any photos?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
By the way, have you tried using another monitor to see if the effect is replicated? Could be the device you're using for continuum and not the screen

Bar0n

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with a miracast device. The thing you must look for(if you have it) is called Overscan and reduce it to 94. My tv didn't have it, but the miracast device yes and I decrease it there.

decker5

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I use continuum with Actiontec Screenbeam and it has an app that you can use to change the screen size

Alternatively you can check if in the screen/tv settings there is something to modify it (in my TV is called something like pixel format or size)

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, tried on 2 different tvs and on both the bottom and left are cut off. surely this is a continuum thing not a tv thing

bhinesley

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I initially set it up on the TV in my bedroom, and it looks fine on that one, but if I switch to any other TV or monitor it is too big; the X to close apps and the start button are off the edge of the screen. Seems like there is a data setting that Is stuck or should be able to reset. Idk. Driving me crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea