Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 runs at 30 FPS on Xbox Series X

fatpunkslim

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
So, the first article to talk about hellblade 2 on this site since the preview, is to say that it's in 30 fps? that's it ? This is where you see that the press is doing very badly, all to create clickbait for the trolls! Amazing !

Overall, the technical gap, whether at the visual or gameplay level, just seems enormous. Regarding the gameplay, which was the weak point of the first, the preview videos show a big effort on it. Cant' wait to get my hands on the most beautiful game of its generation

Samuel Tolbert

Staff member
Apr 14, 2023
Visit site
So, the first article to talk about hellblade 2 on this site since the preview, is to say that it's in 30 fps? that's it ? This is where you see that the press is doing very badly, all to create clickbait for the trolls! Amazing !

Overall, the technical gap, whether at the visual or gameplay level, just seems enormous. Regarding the gameplay, which was the weak point of the first, the preview videos show a big effort on it. Cant' wait to get my hands on the most beautiful game of its generation
I'm not sure how basic, factual information is clickbait for trolls? We weren't a part of this round of previews. Also, (as I wrote in the article) I absolutely think it's the right call in order to push Hellblade's visuals. The game looks stunning, and it's my second most-anticipated game of the year (only behind Frostpunk 2).

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
While I much prefer 60, if Hellblade 2 plays anything like the first, 30 will be just fine. IMO, Hellblade is more of a story over game play type of game.

fatpunkslim

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi,
thanks for your return

Yes but you wait until the end of the article to say it. You should know that many people stop at reading the title or reading the first lines of the article. It only participates in this stupid controversy of 30 fps, while it is surely the most beautiful game of its generation and that no current console would have been capable of running at 60 fps. There are no games comparable to the technical prowess demonstrated on Hellblade 2.

Even if you haven't had any previews, you could also write an article summarizing the opinions of Gamespot, Ign, etc.... I just find it surprising that the first article on hellblade 2 after the preview of the game is about a false controversy

On Alan Wake 2, which is very beautiful visually, but not as much as Hellblade 2, the performance mode clearly degrades the resolution and quality and the 60 fps is very unstable despite everything. Besides, most players, if I believe the Reddit messages, prefer the 30 fps mode because it is on a fairly slow pace, just like hellblade 2. We could cite dragon dogma 2 in 30 fps while graphically it is is not a slap in the face, etc....

We must not confuse the controversies created from scratch by the media and influencers, or the unscrupulous or some trolls, with what the players really think.

You could have at least put in the title for example:
Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 runs at 30 FPS but it doesn't matter.

It would have been more in line with the content of the article. Because the way the title is shot suggests that it is a bad thing, while for visual fidelity, it is on the contrary a good thing, the 60 fps mode would have degraded the visual experience and immersion too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markarmjamtions