Share Your Tips for Managing a Laptop & Surface 4

unni_kmr

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I find it a bit difficult to manage both my laptop and Surface 4. So I would like to know if you have any tips for making things easier. For example, I came across a program called Microsoft's Mouse Without Borders that will let me use the same keyboard/mouse with both my laptop and Surface. I am primarily interested in knowing how you handle file syncing (without cloud), synchronizing software settings (such as Firefox speed dial extension settings) etc. and anything else that you share between two devices, preferably with less dependency on cloud. Also, is there any way of syncing the start menu tiles?

Last edited:

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I find it a bit difficult to manage both my laptop and Surface 4. So I would like to know if you have any tips for making things easier. For example, I came across a program called Microsoft's Mouse Without Borders that will let me use the same keyboard/mouse with both my laptop and Surface. I am primarily interested in knowing how you handle file syncing (without cloud), synchronizing software settings (such as Firefox speed dial extension settings) etc. and anything else that you share between two devices, preferably with less dependency on cloud. Also, is there any way of syncing the start menu tiles?

Why no cloud?

unni_kmr

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Currently, I am in US, so no issues with bandwidth. But I will be going back to India sometime later. My parents home is in a small town, were the bandwidth is capped at 2 Mbps for 2 GB and 512 kbps afterwards I think. So, I can't rely much on internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon