Should i replace my Lumia 950 XL Screen or buy a new phone instead

sriram prabhu

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 950xl screen is broken and the display is not working any more. The service center would cost me around 18000, so i checked for displays online, the below one i'm getting for around 10000 rupees.

http://www.cellspare.com/lumia-950xl/microsoft-lumia-950xl-lcd-screen-with-digitizer-module

Considering the current state of windows mobile, is it worth to replace the screen or buy a new andriod phone instead :( i am confused :/

sriram prabhu

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I don't want invest more, probably same 10K, which i have to spend for the screen, on the Android phone.
Also I like my lumia but the only problem is i don't see the hardware quality is so great for the price and I don't have much issues with App gap as i am into windows phone from the beginning.

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Then replace the screen with whatever right deal you can find. And enjoy your lumia till hopefully next Microsoft flagship comes out.
Buying cheap or midrange android phone to replace flagship phone doesn't make sense if you are happy with 950xl.

Last edited:

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Not sure I'd be so inclined to spend even that amount. For one you are dealing with a rapidly declining platform. Two, are you certain a digitizer module will actually resurrect your 950 XL? Could be money spent all for not if it doesn't.

Last edited:

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't want invest more, probably same 10K, which i have to spend for the screen, on the Android phone.
Also I like my lumia but the only problem is i don't see the hardware quality is so great for the price and I don't have much issues with App gap as i am into windows phone from the beginning.

Go for honox 6x or 1 of the Redmis

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 950xl screen is broken and the display is not working any more. The service center would cost me around 18000, so i checked for displays online, the below one i'm getting for around 10000 rupees.

LCD Screen Replacement | Microsoft Lumia 950XL | Spares - Cellspare

Considering the current state of windows mobile, is it worth to replace the screen or buy a new andriod phone instead :( i am confused :/

Get an Alcatel Idol 4s instead - around $199 CDN (x50 =10 000 RS - and new)

h4mm3r tyme

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
I understand your dilemma. I had a similar one about 2 months ago. I don't want to leave the Windows eco system although W10M is dead. I'm trying to hold out to see what promise Andromeda will bring. So, I decided to resurrect my 1520 running W10M. Without this option, I would have, unfortunately, switched to Android.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I will be replacing my 950xl screen for a 3rd time... lol

and the idol 4s works funny compared to a 950xl... I'm using one now while my 950xl is waiting to be fixed.

I wouldn't advise going idol4s.... maybe x3 has it got more support from the manufacturer.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have replaced 2 950 XL screens a 640 XL, 830, and 1520. The 950 XL are not that difficult if you buy them with the frame and all. A heat gun comes in handy. I am for saving/salvaging all my windows phones. Cheaper and I get more out of them that way. Plus I would rather be productiive on Windows 10 Mobile than Android or iOS. So I am biased somewhat in my response..

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I will be replacing my 950xl screen for a 3rd time... lol

and the idol 4s works funny compared to a 950xl... I'm using one now while my 950xl is waiting to be fixed.

I wouldn't advise going idol4s.... maybe x3 has it got more support from the manufacturer.

how is your idol 4s working funny? what is it doing, i notice it selling at msft store online usa for 169+shipping and tax

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
how is your idol 4s working funny? what is it doing, i notice it selling at msft store online usa for 169+shipping and tax

Well right away, I know the same apps I use, crash... even 'core MS stuff like office'. I don't really get app crashes on my 950xl.

Whatsapp crashes a lot on it for some reason.

I get what appears to be occasional scaling issues on websites in edge, often gets a bit too wide and it's not that I can move it back into place, it's like an overscan.

camera crashes a lot. And it's slow. especially if you want to try to use HDR

Initially I got a lot of random lock ups but that seems to have subsided

For the price though, I'd still buy it again if needed. Might get it for my mom to update her $40 AT&T go phone lumia 640! That they let me unlock right away for free! Awesome

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers