Should MMORPG Players be able to control the Games they play?

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

I've got a quick question I want to put to you (of which I need to give a presentation about), should players of MMORPGs be able to change the rules in the games they play?

For instance, say the players go on the forum and start asking about changing some rules; they suggest that each guild takes part in a competition and the winner gets to choose a new rule/modify a rule.
Do you think this is a good idea? What are the positives, and the negatives? How could it work?

Personally, I think it is a good idea, as long as there are rules put in place and are observed, but I need more views/opinions.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
NO.

MMORPG's need to be fair for all players involved. In my opinion even in game purchases ruin the current breed of RPG's you can spend hours and days trying to obtain an item or reach a level and someone else can come straight in and purchase what youve worked for. Take EVE online as a prime example.

Eve Online in Crisis Article • Page 1 • Articles • Eurogamer.net

In your example for instance guild competions with winners getting the otpion to rule change would certainly swing the rules in that guilds favour and would only attract stat boosters that have spent money to get where they are so they can continue to lord it over everyone else.

Ultimately developers should listen to and take part in the forums for the games to pick out any rules that may seem unfair and alter them accordingly - allowing players the ability to change rules could potentially cause chaos.

Allowing players to voice there opinons and shape the way the games are played should be paramount in MMORPG's but rule changes should be left to the developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss