Some mobile numbers in contacts are switched to home numbers, why is this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Some mobile numbers in contacts are switched to home numbers

I have a Windows Lumia 640XL running Windows Phone 8.1. I have had the phone for about two weeks now. One of the first things I did was transfer my contacts over from my old phone via the Transfer My Data app. Over the past few days, the mobile numbers for some of my contacts have automatically changed to be their home numbers. These are numbers that did transfer over as mobile numbers and I have had text message conversations with these people using my new phone (and, unlike my old phone, Windows Phone will not allow you to text to a home number).

Anybody experience this before or have an idea as to what is going on? So far this has happened to three of my contacts that I know of, there may be others that I have not noticed yet.

Thank you,
Al

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Some mobile numbers in contacts are switched to home numbers

I have a Windows Lumia 640XL running Windows Phone 8.1. I have had the phone for about two weeks now. One of the first things I did was transfer my contacts over from my old phone via the Transfer My Data app. Over the past few days, the mobile numbers for some of my contacts have automatically changed to be their home numbers. These are numbers that did transfer over as mobile numbers and I have had text message conversations with these people using my new phone (and, unlike my old phone, Windows Phone will not allow you to text to a home number).

Anybody experience this before or have an idea as to what is going on? So far this has happened to three of my contacts that I know of, there may be others that I have not noticed yet.

Thank you,
Al

could you explain by what you meant when you said you can't text home numbers?

You can edit the contacts in the people app

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

JustAlV

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

When the messaging app is launched and looking at the contacts you can text to, only those with a mobile number defined are displayed.

For the three contacts I mentioned in my original post, their numbers were mobile numbers. But, somehow their numbers were switched to home numbers. I have since switched the numbers back to mobile numbers.

Al

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

When the messaging app is launched and looking at the contacts you can text to, only those with a mobile number defined are displayed.

For the three contacts I mentioned in my original post, their numbers were mobile numbers. But, somehow their numbers were switched to home numbers. I have since switched the numbers back to mobile numbers.

Al

if it's working now, then that's okay - but you can always check here for more help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss