Speakerphone = Dead

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm on my third Lumia 900. Now this one, the speakerphone just died. Nothing at all, be it ringtones, music, nothing comes out of the speaker. And it just started happening on it's own. Last night I was showing a Youtube video to my friends, I go to set the phone down, presumably for the night. I picked it up to see if I could find a song in the market, and I noticed it didn't make a sound when unlocking the screen. I tried to play a ringtone, nothing. I checked to make sure all settings were right. I even went as far as resetting the phone. No good.

I'm at the point now that I think Nokia didn't do enough testing on these phones. Now AT&T is sending me another phone from warranty because I'm out of my 30 days. Both the in store rep and the person that helped me in warranty told me that if it happens again, they're going to send me a different type of phone. If this new one doesn't work out, I'm going back to Android.

Anyone else having issues like this?

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So just an update. I got my replacement unit, and it's working well. I'm hoping this is the last time I have to go through this. I am having one other issue though. I have one folder on Hotmail that shows no messages on the phone, but there are messages in the folder when I look at them on hotmail.com. I've told the phone to sync all the mail on this account as well. Any suggestions?

[Edit] Fixed by putting another email in the folder and syncing again.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the updates, I hope you have better luck with this one :)

Yep, I wish you luck. But hardware defects can happen anywhere, for example, when I bought my laptop, an awesome HP Touchsmart Tm2, I had to go through 5(!), until I got a unit without any defects. They even upgraded me to a new generation unit for free (from C2D to Core i3).

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for the vote of confidence. So far so good. Speaker is working, the rattle seems to be very slight on this one with the vibration, and the speaker when someone is talking doesn't rattle at all. Fingers crossed. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen