Spotify, WTF!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume this is just a complaint, but maybe someone knows better. I have a question about local file play in free Spotify (seems like that's only in Premium version on Android). I understand that Spotify provides no support for their free users, fair enough.

So I tried to sign into the "Community" to post my question there. Spotify doesn't use the existing account, instead forcing me to create a new account for Community. Annoying, but fine. When I do, it auto-populates the email with the WRONG email address (not even close -- different name, different domain, nothing to do with me). There was a never an opportunity for me to set it, I can't change it. I can't post a question until I verify the email address, which, of course, I can't because it's wrong, or it's sending some random guy my verifications emails. WTF!?

At every turn, Spotify just seems to suck. I fully expect fans to tell me I'm wrong. Frankly, I hope I am. I want to use Spotify to sync my local music playlists between PC and Surface Duo. But I'm not willing to pay several dollars a month just to sync playlists for music I already own.

Thanks for any help, Colin

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I can state definitively now that it's not possible. Spotify will not Sync playlists unless you're on the full plan with streaming music. If you already own the music you want to listen to or like to buy new albums you like as they come out, Spotify doesn't really have anything for you.

I'm surprised that there is apparently NOTHING that syncs the built-in playlist format in Windows to Android devices. Further, I haven't even yet found an app that runs on both Android and Windows that will sync its own playlists. Does that indicate there's no market interest in this? Seems like this would be a fairly common need.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I can state definitively now that it's not possible. Spotify will not Sync playlists unless you're on the full plan with streaming music. If you already own the music you want to listen to or like to buy new albums you like as they come out, Spotify doesn't really have anything for you.

I'm surprised that there is apparently NOTHING that syncs the built-in playlist format in Windows to Android devices. Further, I haven't even yet found an app that runs on both Android and Windows that will sync its own playlists. Does that indicate there's no market interest in this? Seems like this would be a fairly common need.

Never say nothing. there always could be something you don't know about. for example, if you add a external harddrive to your router you can set up your own cloud with plexi and your own music files. then you can create play lists that will work on more than one os.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786