Storage supposedly "full"?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried installing the new Asphalt 7 racing game. It is 878mb according to the details on the WP store. I have 2.64 GB of free space. (My other space is 5.20 GB if you're curious.) Every time I try to install it says something along the lines of "you have reached your storage limit on your device please free up some space." I have a Verizon HTC 8x 16GB. Im curious of how much space the game takes up after install. Also if anyone else has had a similar issue?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Try running this app: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/shrink-storage/44672108-f3f8-47df-bd19-3fe94e6c744a

You MIGHT have to run it more than once. What you do is hit "Fill," then once it says it's full (the apps, not the phone's "Low Storage" notification), shut the phone down. Once you come back, open the app, then hit "Clean." It SHOULD cut down on that "Other" storage for you. I did it today, and it cleared about 1.85 GB of space on my device.

Yes, though, it's a common issue. Joe Belfiore recently said that there's is a solution in the works, but there's no telling on when that will come.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia servers had the storage fix in them. There was an article out on this not too long ago. I believe this was the fix that is coming.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have thought about using the shrink storage. But I'm unsure about using it. I do remember that article about a fix possibly coming soon. But I did try to download the game from windowsphone.com. It actually started to download it got about halfway then it complained about not having enough space. But something interesting happened. After I canceled the download I noticed the other storage was now 2.90 GB. So it caused the other to clean up. And I am now currently trying to install the game again. Thought I would give you guys an update! Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs