Store app update problem (on mobile)...

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an HP Elite x3 which is running the production Creators update. I’ve noticed that since the update her apps aren’t auto updating (even thought this is selected). I’ve tried selecting “Check for Updates” but it returns nothing – i.e. no apps requiring updates, even though I know some are out of date. I have to go into the app in the Store and it then finds an update for the app which then gets downloaded.

On closer inspection it appears she’s running an older version of the Store – i.e. v11701.1001.9.0 whereas I’m running v11703.1001.45.0 on my 950XL, but we’re both on the Creators Update. I think this may be the problem, but I can’t find a way to download the new version of the Store from the Store.

I’ve tried power cycles, toggling auto-update off/on, checking for updates etc. I want to avoid a hard reset if possible.

Has anyone else come across this and any success resolving this?

robbrowett

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Same issue for me on 15063 release. Have hard reset but the issue is there after a reset. Not found a resolution I'm afraid but I have taken to manually apps once I notice they have been updated on my PC. Far from ideal and this is a fundamental feature in my opinion. Needs fixing ASAP!.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow - I can't believe it... it works!!! I deleted the Office 365 Admin app on my wife's phone, did a Check for Updates but no change. But the next morning it started working and all outstanding apps were updated!!! I did notice that "Store Purchase App" got an update last night, so could it have been that too?

ak8912351

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
In case of apps not automatically updating I will suggest updating the app store itself most of times when your OS isn't comfortable it will return such errors try reinstalling and see if it gets resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720