Stuck on Checking for Updates

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I just received my Band for Christmas. I downloaded the app on my Galaxy S4 phone. I paired with no problems.

However, the first thing the app and Band have you do is check for updates. The phone gives an error that it can't connect to the Internet. The Band is just waiting.

I can't get the Band to reboot. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome. I fixed it. In my anticipation of receiving the Band, I preloaded the app. The ecosystem didn't like that.

After reinstalling the app, all is well.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Lets see about messing with the phone first. Turn it off then back on, maybe you have an app that's taking up a lot of resources for the Band's app to work.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the app, corruption always pops up since we live in a wireless world.

Third option is trying a computer and getting it set up that way.

Edit: Well, looks like the second option worked while I was typing, haha. Glad it's working and enjoy! :D

Otto Gunter

May 23, 2013
Visit site
For anyone else searching this problem, I had the same issue with the Band 2 running on Windows Phone. I had not pre-installed the app, but the solution was the same, I uninstalled Microsoft Health, re-installed it, and my Band 2 updated properly. All is fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett