Surface Go 2 Screen Protectors

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone have any ideas of where to get a screen protector for the Surface Go 2? I have one left out of a 2-pack when I purchased my Surface Go 2 years ago. That screen protector will not work because it covers up one of the mics.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Joto is selling them on Amazon, says they are supposed to fit Go and Go 2. Mine were supposedly delivered today but I did not receive them so I can’t compare to the one I have left for my Go.

So which model did you get? What do you think of it? MS has a pending charge on my credit card as of last night so I hope that means that mine will ship soon.

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
I got the Go 2 LTE version. I have to have LTE.
I have not set it up yet, no time. I will set it up this weekend.

Joto is selling them on Amazon, says they are supposed to fit Go and Go 2. Mine were supposedly delivered today but I did not receive them so I can’t compare to the one I have left for my Go.

So which model did you get? What do you think of it? MS has a pending charge on my credit card as of last night so I hope that means that mine will ship soon.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I found my package with the Joto screen protectors. The package says for 2018, but the new ones have two cutouts (a large one for the camera and a smaller one for who knows what?). The ones I got for the Go back in 2018 have just the one large camera cutout. I have emailed the vendor to see if I can get more info. It looks like there isn’t an opening for the mic in the old version.

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
Back in 2018, the brand I brought was Omoton. It had one big cutout for the webcam and the mic on the right.
When I got my Go 2, I placed the remaining 2018 screen protector on the Go 2 and it covered up the mic on the left.

I found my package with the Joto screen protectors. The package says for 2018, but the new ones have two cutouts (a large one for the camera and a smaller one for who knows what?). The ones I got for the Go back in 2018 have just the one large camera cutout. I have emailed the vendor to see if I can get more info. It looks like there isn’t an opening for the mic in the old version.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Back in 2018, the brand I brought was Omoton. It had one big cutout for the webcam and the mic on the right.
When I got my Go 2, I placed the remaining 2018 screen protector on the Go 2 and it covered up the mic on the left.

My Go 2 just arrived. I think I originally had a screen protector with one hole for the camera but Hello didn’t work with the sensor covered, so I ended up with replacements that had an opening for the camera and sensor but not for the mic. That’s what I got this time. I’m going to try using one of the ones I have without mic openings and see what happens but I contacted the company to ask about the mic openings. Maybe it’s okay to have the mics covered?

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
The camera is just slightly higher on the Go 2 than on the Go 1 so the camera cutout is not in the right place. I recorded about 18-20 seconds without the screen protector and another clip about that length with it. The uncovered mics recorded at a nice volume although the sound was a little bit “tinny”. With the screen. protector on, the sound was barely audible. I’ll keep the screen protector on for now and use a headset when I need to record sound but hope that JOTO will release a screen protector with the proper cutouts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb