Surface Go wifi

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having WiFi issues?
This only happens with my work's router. For some reason, when I boot up the Go at work, the wifi driver does not connect to the router. When I try to manually connect, the driver crashes. When I run the troubleshooter, it fails and asks me to automatically connect to a random, saved access point like my old 1520 or some other saved router. When I select "Skip this step" the wifi driver crashes and leaves me with the little red, fail to connect icon where the wifi signal should be. 99% of the time, if I go into settings, choose to forget my work router, and restart, I can successfully manually log onto the network. This happens every time I boot up at work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having WiFi issues?
This only happens with my work's router. For some reason, when I boot up the Go at work, the wifi driver does not connect to the router. When I try to manually connect, the driver crashes. When I run the troubleshooter, it fails and asks me to automatically connect to a random, saved access point like my old 1520 or some other saved router. When I select "Skip this step" the wifi driver crashes and leaves me with the little red, fail to connect icon where the wifi signal should be. 99% of the time, if I go into settings, choose to forget my work router, and restart, I can successfully manually log onto the network. This happens every time I boot up at work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

That's odd, have you tried setting alternative settings for the WiFi adapter in the control panel?

This should allow you to connect to other WiFi connections as well your work WiFi connection, I have that set up on my laptop.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try.
I actually didn't know that could be done.
That's odd, have you tried setting alternative settings for the WiFi adapter in the control panel?

This should allow you to connect to other WiFi connections as well your work WiFi connection, I have that set up on my laptop.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try.
I actually didn't know that could be done.

No problem, it's one of those functionalities buried in the control panel :winktongue: - that makes me weary about if the settings app will come even close to replicating the functionality of the control panel.

You'll find it in the the IPv4 Protocol properties of any network adaptor including virtual adapters (see below):

1)
Ethernet IPv4.JPGVirtual IPV4.JPG

2)
IPV4 a.JPGIPV4 b.JPG

NB: Bear in mind if you set a staic IP address etc in the General tab ip it will cause the alternative config tab to disappear.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Man, I really appreciate all of this. I had no idea where to begin. Thanks for helping out so much.
Very nice of you.
No problem, it's one of those functionalities buried in the control panel :winktongue: - that makes me weary about if the settings app will come even close to replicating the functionality of the control panel.

You'll find it in the the IPv4 Protocol properties of any network adaptor including virtual adapters (see below):

1)
View attachment 140195View attachment 140196

2)
View attachment 140193View attachment 140194

NB: Bear in mind if you set a staic IP address etc in the General tab ip it will cause the alternative config tab to disappear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven