Surface Pro 5th gen and signatures

Jeff Alberts1

Oct 26, 2018
Visit site
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 5th gen tablet, and am trying to use it for work.

I have a web application for customer management, ticketing, etc, and there are certain places where a signature is required by the customer.

I'm using Chrome as my browser. I can do everything I need to, except where the customer has to actually sign. An overlay window pops up, waiting for a signature. But it doesn't register when either using my finger or a generic tablet stylus.

I looked at the Ink settings, and there is one that mentions using your finger for the drawbox, that was already on, so that didn't help. I also went into Screen Draw, which captures an image of your desktop and lets you draw on it. In there you can choose Finger instead of pen, and that works very well, in that app. Still doesn't help for the signature though.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to have to order a $100 Surface Pen if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

ALToronto

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
What is the point of getting a SP tablet without the pen? It doesn't work well with fingers or generic rubber tip styluses because the pen is its reason for being. Just get the pen and enjoy your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs