Surface Pro 7 activation gone wrong

sunaski

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
I am a newbie on Windows Central and have run into problems.
I bought Surface Pro 7 with Home installed. The setup was very easy. But when I bought Win.10 Prof. to update Home, I ran into problems.
It did not update, but changed the OS into Win 10 Enterprise and lost the activation. I tried to reset win 10 but nothing changed. I can still do everything, as update programs, go to store etc., even when the OS is not activated. I have not been able to change the settings back to normal.
Please help.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am a newbie on Windows Central and have run into problems.
I bought Surface Pro 7 with Home installed. The setup was very easy. But when I bought Win.10 Prof. to update Home, I ran into problems.
It did not update, but changed the OS into Win 10 Enterprise and lost the activation. I tried to reset win 10 but nothing changed. I can still do everything, as update programs, go to store etc., even when the OS is not activated. I have not been able to change the settings back to normal.
Please help.

Best thing to do is contact Microsoft directly, you can try using the built-in Get Help app. You can also try the activation process via the automated process within this app as well, failing that it allows you the opportunity to start a live chat with Microsoft Support. However, given the current situation with the Pandemic... your mileage will vary.

Last edited:

sunaski

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your advice. At the moment the pandemic is not affecting New Zealand very much. The automatic activation was not working either. A friend knows about Windows 10, he has a copy of Windows 10 Home and installed it over Windows Enterprise and found the previous activation licence and he could update to Windows 10 Pro. Only the, face recognition etc. do not work. I have to use my full password. I have still to find out what to do about this. I still don't understand why it changed to Windows Enterprise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720