Surface Pro X / Windows on ARM optimized apps

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

I am not sure if this is for here or more for Ask Dan.
I recently watched a few Surface Pro X reviews, that gave bad ratings after the reviewers tried to do Video editing and drawing with the Pen.

Video/Photo editing was tried with x86 software, hence it was emulated and slow.
For painting with the Pen also an x86 software was used, so the reviewer was complaining about the performance.

Video Editor and Sketchable are free, and they should be performant on ARM hardware.

Can you bring a video and or an article proposing some alternative apps for the x86 apps that are used in those reviews?
Mostly the reviewers say they just want to do simple things on the run with Photoshop or Adobe Premier kind of apps. For these things there should be good alternatives in the windows store that could be proposed in the context of Surface Pro X.

Any thoughts?

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I am not sure if this is for here or more for Ask Dan.
I recently watched a few Surface Pro X reviews, that gave bad ratings after the reviewers tried to do Video editing and drawing with the Pen.

Video/Photo editing was tried with x86 software, hence it was emulated and slow.
For painting with the Pen also an x86 software was used, so the reviewer was complaining about the performance.

Video Editor and Sketchable are free, and they should be performant on ARM hardware.

Can you bring a video and or an article proposing some alternative apps for the x86 apps that are used in those reviews?
Mostly the reviewers say they just want to do simple things on the run with Photoshop or Adobe Premier kind of apps. For these things there should be good alternatives in the windows store that could be proposed in the context of Surface Pro X.

Any thoughts?

Reddit has superb surface community. there are notable active surface pro x users there so I would recommend to visit it.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
MS also made it so that only apps that are ARM compatible should be listed in the Store so you can at least see if any apps there help you. Otherwise, yes, Reddit should be able to help you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes