Surface RT for $199 or Lenovo Miix 2 for $269?

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Which one is the better deal for this holidays? The Surface $199 deal is coming to Canadian stores this Black Friday, but it doesn't come with any of the covers, and the Lenovo Miix is $269 but not available until December 16.

Pros: Surface is very cheap for $199, Lenovo runs full W8.1
Cost: Surface runs RT - can't run .exes, Lenovo is more expensive.

If I end up getting the Surface, I'll end up getting the cyan Type Cover 2 which will cost me around $150 after taxes, so that will bring my total up to $350, which is pretty much the same I would spend on the Lenovo Miix 2 (if I get 64-bit)

So either way, there is a trade-off.

Note: I already have an Asus Vivo RT that I bought from last year, but it has been overused so much that now it has been failing on me a lot. So it's either get a replacement with the RT, or have an 8" companion for media, casual games, etc...

What do you guys think. Help me overcome my impulsiveness and knock some senses to me! :p

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
With all the talk about unifying the OS recently in the news, it might make sense to go with the Miix 2. It runs full-on Windows 8.1 RT is good and I love mine but I got mine before know these future plans.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I would much rather have non RT if the price were right, but that's just me. I'd be all over the Lenovo or Dell if I were shopping for one.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for giving me a voice of reason. I bet that the Surface RT would be obsolete by the time the RT/WP8 ecosystems have been unified. I guess I am going for the Lenovo Miix 2 this Christmas! :) I will be able to use my 10% student discount, and hopefully the Microsoft Store will include additional holiday discounts.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
With all the talk about unifying the OS recently in the news, it might make sense to go with the Miix 2. It runs full-on Windows 8.1 RT is good and I love mine but I got mine before know these future plans.
As much as I'm a fan of the RT, I agree with you. At that price, the Lenovo Miix is the choice, IMO.

anon(8032808)

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd go with the Miix2 but that's just due to my preference of 8 inch devices for tablets. You can easily type on them and portrait mode looks great. I just got a Dell Venue 8 Pro from costco.com for $229 ...the pen put that ahead of the miix2 for me.

Djal Tropoje

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have also a 10% discound and want to use it for the lenovo miix2 , but i dont know how , i have received the code , but dont know where to put it , i tried to open the lenovo miix2 at microsoftstore.com and a gave the code but it didnt work !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)