Tethering Hack for Lumia 925 on T-Mobile

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This may have been brought up before. I read some time ago, back when I was using my 521, that if you installed a Spanish keyboard you could enable internet sharing. Here is a link for from that thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-521/227192-521-tether-wifi.html

I tried it and it didn't work so I forgot about it. Tonight I was reading about a certain 1520 available and someone mentioned the hack. So I tried it and it worked on my T-Mobile 925. I just installed a Spanish keyboard then went to settings and internet sharing and turned it on. I turned on my Surface RT and logged on to it and got 8 M down and 14 M up. I feel this is real good as I am out in the country and don't have a very good signal but if I put the phone in front of my west window I'll get 3 bars of LTE even though I have dead spots inside my house.

When I installed the Spanish keyboard my Wi-Fi was on and so was my Wi-Fi calling. So I assume the download which was 22 Megs came through my internet. I will have to try this out where I have a solid T-Mobile signal and run a speed test. I will report back............calfee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4