Text Messaging: One notification sound if app is closed, a different sound if app is open!

ALOchoa

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed this with my former Nokia 830 as well as my current 1520, when the 1520 was operating with 8.1 or 10!

Scenario: When my phone is sitting idle with it's Glance Screen on (with all apps closed) and a Text Message comes through, the phone will notify me with a sound that I have previously chosen, which is: "Alert 6". I will get MANY texts a day, and "Alert 6" will always fire off. OK fine, all is good there. But when I go to open the MS Text Messaging app up to read my texts and even start typing & responding, if someone quickly fires off another text to me, a TOTALLY different sound/tone will fire off from the tone directory, which is NOT the one I already programmed, which was "Alert 6". This is very disconcerting and confusing. No where in the set ups, does it allow the user to program "two" different tones for the Text app...one if the app is closed and another if the app is active, yet, there are two being used? Nor, is there any way for me to go into the preferences to choose the SAME tone/sound for both options; app open and app closed.

Does ANYONE out there know how to accomplish this?

Hopefully I have explained this scenario plainly enough to be clear to all.

Thank you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe its supposed to be a less jarring alert that another text came in, like how in iOS, a more subtle sound is played for each new text that comes in while you're view the conversation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb