That's why the new pictures app worth...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Everybody hate it, but it changes are for one reason... integration.

Yes, in the old Pictures hub, the pictures was support for Skydrive/Onedrive, cool but... what about twitter pictures? or Flickr?

The new twitter app will add support for twitter pictures on the new Picture Hub, and it is great because we can expect more services integrated on the pictures hub:

Twitter_Beta_Screens.jpg

Twitter for Windows Phone 8.1 leaks, brings native sharing back, Photos hub integration | Windows Phone Central

And yes, I know that there is not a background, but just wait for updates, if you open the pictures settings, there is an option for the background.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
They are actually untying everything from the core OS so they can easily update them and allow for flexibility and availability to developers without compromising the main OS.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
They are actually untying everything from the core OS so they can easily update them and allow for flexibility and availability to developers without compromising the main OS.

But it is great!! but people only know to say "complain!" even if they know that the apps are beta or unfinished.

zomechin

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
The new photos app is clearly awesome. Simplicity and speed is more important than having a cool looking background picture.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
You can have your cake and eat it too. All the images in the photos app are available to use as a background , settings > system > start+theme > start background > choose photo.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
The new photos app is clearly awesome. Simplicity and speed is more important than having a cool looking background picture.

In the beginning I hated the new presentation, with all the local pictures, but today I like a lot, I love to see the pictures arranged by date and not the albums, it is better than looking in the albums for a picture..

Crumble Shake

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree.

I do wish they would make an option to include photos from those apps in the all photos section. It'd work in the same sort of way as the people app, where you connect your accounts then in settings there's a list of them and you can tick them on or off to make them come up. Obviously, it'd have to stop showing duplicates where you've got photos that are both on the phone and uploaded to Onedrive.

I'd love to be able to use it as a universal camera roll using the Onedrive syncing stuff so photos I take on all of my devices are together in one big list, in fact all the photos from all my services and all my devices in one place. That's my idea of the perfect photo viewer app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb