The Windows 10 Store for games shouldn't try and take on Steam, it should be something different

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
windows-10-game-store.jpg

Microsoft's strategy for the Windows 10 Store as far as gaming is concerned has left many of us scratching our heads for a while, but improvements are being made.
Recently, I looked at how Microsoft has been making steady changes to the way the Windows 10 Store on PC handles its "Games" section. Microsoft has removed the "Recommended" section, which usually ended up surfacing Windows 8-era mobile games alongside AAA PC titles. The "Best Rated" section has been moved to the bottom, owing, once again, to the way legacy ratings and mobile games have impacted the overall metrics. And Redmond has also created a new "New PC games" row, focusing specifically on games designed for mouse and keyboard first.
There are still improvements to make, but Microsoft is listening and iterating, and it's clear that Redmond wants the Windows 10 Store to be seen as a viable store not just for serious PC game developers, but also serious PC gamers as well. The thing is, I'm not sure the Windows 10 Store can ever hope to compete with the goodwill, feature set, and the huge catalogue of games Valve has built up over the years for Steam. Competing head on isn't going to do Microsoft any favors.
I think, instead, Microsoft should focus on offering something different.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

vitaliesolomon

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
how you can be different? if it is a store it is just about selling games.
somewhere i have read that the sales in windows store for the summer sales are pathetic. i mean the sales are not so much promotional. to be honest i would like to see the games that i buy from the windows store to be able to be used on phone and xbox and some other microsoft store. i mean, i buy a game for 60 bucks i would apreciate to have it in all my microsoft platforms and not to buy it again and again in all of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster