Trackpad constantly turning on and off. Anyone else having this issue?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I've been reading lots of issues with the trackpad on people's Surface Book not being responsive when using Chrome, etc but my issue is a bit different. My trackpad will constantly stop working for about 2-3 seconds and then start again. Sometimes it will do this constantly for 20 minutes or so or until I get frustrated and reboot. This happens 2-3 times a day.

If I go to the Mouse and Trackpad settings while this is happening all of the trackpad options will disappear - when the trackpad turns off, and then reappear when it turns back on. While this is going on it will constantly play the "Hardware disconnect", Hardware reconnect" chimes each time.

Is anyone else having this issue????

gamer_stew

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
The only time I notice it is when I'm playing a movie in VLC. The same issue as you're describing except it hasn't lasted long than 3-4 seconds. It's just a minor annoyance for me at the moment

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Was just using my trackpad and it stopped working. Shut down and restart and still not working.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Disconnected and reconnected the screen and now it working again. It was on though in settings just not working. The keyboard was working during this episode, just not the touchpad.

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife is having issues similar to this as well. When coming out of snooze, the track pad does not work. She always have to restart in order for it to work. Not sure what to do. Thinking about exchanging the unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers