Trade in SP2 for SP3 at Best buy?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed on the BB site they have a trade-in program for the surface pro 3

Surface Trade In 123382 - Best Buy

Has anyone looked into how much an SP2 would put toward an SP3, if it's even an option? The site mentions a minimum $50 gift card but it doesn't state a maximum. Ijust put my darn sp2 on ebay! If I can trade-in for a decent amount I'd cancel the auction.
:cry:

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Don't worry, they will give you a typical awful trade value. They were quoting my 512GB SP2 at around $665. No, thank you!
Awful is subjective. How much is your time worth? Or peace of mind that a deal is done? I have found that on occasion and depending upon the device that Best Buy trade-ins can be reasonable. I'm not saying that $665 is a good trade in value for your SP2, but there are situations when a BB trade-in is worth considering.

BTW, Best Buy is accepting Surface Pro 3 trade-ins!

Surface Pro 3 - 256GB - Intel i5 - Silver
Your Estimated Trade-In Value: $780.00

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Awful is subjective. How much is your time worth? Or peace of mind that a deal is done? I have found that on occasion and depending upon the device that Best Buy trade-ins can be reasonable. I'm not saying that $665 is a good trade in value for your SP2, but there are situations when a BB trade-in is worth considering.

BTW, Best Buy is accepting Surface Pro 3 trade-ins!

Surface Pro 3 - 256GB - Intel i5 - Silver
Your Estimated Trade-In Value: $780.00

Yes, definitely there will be exceptions to the rule. I figured "awful" was the best term for the OP in this case since they were going for a high number and the SP2 values Best Buy has shown aren't all that hot.