Transparency is missing from falls creator update insider preview

Subhojit Seal

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Recently i had update windows 10 to falls creator update, but after this update, transparency is missing from start menu and notification panel but it was is present in task bar. In settings transparency is turned on.
Please tell me the solution of this problem.Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Last edited:

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
First make sure you have latest graphics driver. Check for Windows updates and then restart, or manually get your graphics driver from Nvidia/AMD/Intel.

Acrylic automatically adapts its appearance for a wide variety of devices and contexts.

In High Contrast mode, users continue to see the familiar background color of their choosing in place of acrylic. In addition, both background acrylic and in-app acrylic appear as a solid color
  • When the user turns off transparency in Personalization settings
  • When battery saver mode is activated
  • When the app runs on low-end hardware

In addition, only background acrylic will replace its transparency and texture with a solid color
  • When an app window on desktop deactivates
  • When the UWP app is running on phone, Xbox, HoloLens or tablet mode

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
MS like to tweak what they consider to be 'low end' hardware with major revisions. Do you have an Intel vid card or a mobile vid chip? Such could easily fall into the category of 'low end'. That may well explain things.

Subhojit Seal

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
My PC configuration is:
ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard
On-board Intel 82945 GPU
3 GB RAM

On previous build transparency was present but on 1709 build it is missing from only start menu and notification center. I had also performed a clean install but this problem is present there still now

Subhojit Seal

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
My PC configuration is:
ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard
On-board Intel 82945 GPU
3 GB RAM

On previous build transparency was present but on 1709 build it is missing from only start menu and notification center. I had also performed a clean install but this problem is present there still now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos