Unable to launch command prompt

Kalyan Madicharla

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I'm using Windows 10 home. Recently my laptop got infected with SoundMixer.exe which was quarantined and removed by McAfee app. But every time I try to launch command prompt or when I switch on/restart laptop, it runs the command [start /MIN "" "C:\Users\kalya\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundMixer\SoundMixer.exe"] by default and I get the following message "The screen cannot be set to number of lines and columns specified" in command prompt and there's a popup with error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\kalya\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundMixer\SoundMixer.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly'" as there's nothing in the path specified.

When I click 'Ok' button or close the popup, command prompt closes and file explorer opens and the same thing happens every time I try to launch command prompt. This also happens when I'm trying to install a software using windows batch file. How do I get rid of this problem? Please help.

gm2blog

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I'm using Windows 10 home. Recently my laptop got infected with SoundMixer.exe which was quarantined and removed by McAfee app. But every time I try to launch command prompt or when I switch on/restart laptop, it runs the command [start /MIN "" "C:\Users\kalya\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundMixer\SoundMixer.exe"] by default and I get the following message "The screen cannot be set to number of lines and columns specified" in command prompt and there's a popup with error message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\kalya\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoundMixer\SoundMixer.exe' Make sure you typed the name correctly'" as there's nothing in the path specified.

When I click 'Ok' button or close the popup, command prompt closes and file explorer opens and the same thing happens every time I try to launch command prompt. This also happens when I'm trying to install a software using windows batch file. How do I get rid of this problem? Please help.

soundmixer.exe is malware. it's a mining software. to fix that, go to windows registry and go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor

remove key AutoRun and problem solved

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05